This November is the 46th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and two conferences in Dallas will be commemorating that historical event, with invited speakers presenting discussion of the evidence and its wider context.
JFK Lancer's November in Dallas 2009 takes place on Friday, November 20 through Sunday, November 22 at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas. Confirmed speakers include:
• Abraham Bolden, former Secret Service agent'
• Russ Baker, author of Family of Secrets
• Larry Hancock, author of Someone Would Have Talked
• Michael Cain, author of The Tangled Web
• James DiEugenio, co-author and editor of The Assassinations
• Jim Marrs, author of Crossfire
• Ian Griggs, author of No Case to Answer
• Lamar Waldron, author of "Legacy of Secrecy"
• Dr. David Mantik, contributor to several books
• Dr. Robert McClelland, who attended to JFK at Parkland Hospital
and many others.
There will also be a 2-hour bus tour of assassination-related sites running Thursday through Monday.
See the JFK Lancer website for more information and to register.
Also taking place on November 21 through November 23 is the annual meeting of COPA, the Coalition on Political Assassinations. The information below is excerpted from an emailing sent out by COPA's John Judge:
November 21-23 (Friday - Sunday)
Here are eleven good reasons to reserve a room now at the Hotel Lawrence in Dallas for the weekend of November 20-22 while they will still give you a special "COPA 2009" discount. Just call them at 214-761-9090, for $79/night, single or double rooms. I hope you will join us there this year! These are some of our confirmed speakers:
- Dr. Cyril Wecht, J.D., M.D.*, Former president, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, founder Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law, Duquesne University, and author of "Cause of Death" and "Grave Secrets"
- Jim Douglass*, author of "JFK and the Unspeakable"
- Walt Brown*, author of "Master Analytic Chronology: The Death of President Kennedy"
- Russ Baker*, author of "Family of Secrets"
- John Armstrong,* author of "Harvey & Lee"
- Randy Benson*, award-winning filmmaker, showing excerpts from "The Searchers"
- T Carter*, author an upcoming book "Jerry Ray: A Memoir of Injustice"
- Ben Rogers,* curator of the Penn Jones collection at Baylor University's Poague Library
- Jim DiEugenio,* author of "Destiny Betrayed" and editor of "Probe"
- Lisa Pease,* co-author of "The Assassinations" and editor of "Probe"
- Robert Groden, *author of "The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald" and "Absolute Proof"
Other speakers to be announced
If you haven't made your plans yet, now is the time. On-site registration for the conference is $60 or daily rates. Our annual Moment of Silence on the Grassy Knoll continues a tradition going back to 1964, started by investigative journalist Penn Jones, Jr., whose papers will be on display for a special COPA visit to Poague Library, Baylor University, in Waco, TX on Sunday afternoon and evening, November 23. Here is more information and our schedule of events.
The Coalition on Political Assassinations presents:
OPEN SECRETS: THE ASSASSINATIONS OF THE ‘60s
15th Annual Regional Conference, November 20-22, Dallas, TX
Latest evidence and research, authors, medical and ballistic experts, academics and researchers into modern political assassinations, including Malcolm X, John F. Kennedy, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and Robert Kennedy. Resource room with books, DVDs and digital collections. Films and presentations. Join us.
Friday, November 20
- COPA keynote speaker
- 7:00 pm, Mezzanine level
- Adolphus Hotel, 1321 Commerce Street (shuttle available)
- Movies, 10:00 pm, Second floor Rear
- Hotel Lawrence, Houston & Jackson Sts., just off Dealey Plaza
- Resource room open on 2nd floor rear Friday to Sunday, books and DVDs, authors
Saturday, November 21
- Speakers 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Second floor Rear
- Movies 10:00 pm, Second floor Rear
- Hotel Lawrence, Houston & Jackson Sts.
Sunday, November 22 46th anniversary
- Speakers and discussions 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Second floor Rear
- Hotel Lawrence, Houston & Jackson Sts.
- 12:30 pm Moment of Silence Commemorating the Assassination of President Kennedy
- Grassy Knoll, Dealey Plaza, speakers following
- 2:00 pm - Car caravan to Baylor University, Waco, TX to see Penn Jones, Jr. collection, Poague Library, Union Station and West End stations on DART rail.
All events open to public.
Registration at door - $60 for all events, $25 per day, $20 for Adolphus events
Coalition on Political Assassinations, PO Box 772, Washington, DC 20044