Browse Comments

Removal of lead from base of CE-399
by rexbradford on Sun, Nov 21, 2010, 4:03 PM GMT (#1903)
Comment on Site Section: NARA Evidence Photos: Magic Bullet
The Warren Commission as far as I know didn't ask about the missing parts of CE-399. But in the Clay Shaw Trial, FBI agent Robert Frazier was asked whether parts of CE-399 were missing when he received it, and replied "There very easily could have been. I couldn't say how much". When asked if he removed any parts or scrapings, he replied "Yes, there were both particles of copper and lead base removed for a spectrographic analysis". The Weisberg spectro lawsuit may have more on this, but I can't find it at the moment. For the Clay Shaw trial testimony, see the footnote (1)
References
     1) Clay Shaw Trial Transcript, 22 Feb 1969 (Testimony of Mr. Frazier) Pg 162

Alteration of the Kennedy Body
by DrTH on Sun, Nov 21, 2010, 6:27 AM GMT (#1902)
Comment on document page: The Third Decade, Volume 6, Issue 3, Pg 15
I just finished Lifton's "Best Evidence," and--I must say--I find his arguments convincing, as they appear to be based on sound investigative work. One of my questions, is.."Was the body ever at Walter Reed Hospial?" I have read a transcript of radio communication around the time of the arrival of the body, which mentions a autopsy at Walter Reed. Re the Rose article, "The Body Switch," I want to know if the body was transported to a mortuary. We have heard little about this, but I seem to remember testimony by a mortician about some wounds being covered with "mortician wax." Where was this done? If it was done at the mortuary, this might have been a better place to accomplish the casket switch than Parkland Hospital. I, incidentally, disagree with Rose about the idea that pallbears would detect an empty casket. Some coffins\caskets are very heavy to start with, and the absence of a body might well have been missed. Once this was done, the body may well have been transported in a separate plane, which would negate the need for explaining where the body could have been concealed aboard Air Force One (or Two). On the other hand, as the body was found in a common "body-bag" upon arrival at the Bethesda morgue (and the body seemed to have been mishandled), perhaps the body traveled in the cargo hold of the plane, then was transferred to a cheap transport upon arrival back near Washington. Regardless, it is highly likely that the body was altered before the official autopsy was initiated at Bethesda, in some high-handed game-playing. Talk about a hidden agenda and obstruction of justice!!

Attribution of Photos of Arrival at Andrews AFB to Cecil Stoughton
by KenSpencer on Sat, Sep 25, 2010, 8:40 PM GMT (#1897)
Comment on Site Section: JFK Library Photos: Arrival at Andrews AFB, p1
My comment is more of a question regarding the attribution of these photographs of AF26000 arrival at Andrews on November 22nd to Cecil Stoughton. My understanding is that Capt. Stoughton deplaned AF26000 immediately after photographing LBJ's swearing in, and was left at Love Field. The obvious question is how could he be at Andrews AFB prior to the arrival of AF26000? My other questions are how and when did Stoughton travel back to Washington D.C? Thanks, Ken Spencer

From someone in photo C420-18-63
by texrus on Sun, Sep 19, 2010, 8:15 PM GMT (#1896)
Comment on Site Section: JFK Library Photos: Arrival at Love Field
I am shown in the photo C420-18-63 as a 17-year-old student on the far left, black plastic glasses, skinny, smiling, behind the strawberry blond. I later worked with Bob Jackson, Dallas Times Herald, winner of Pulitzer Prize for his photo of the Oswald murder.

base of CE399
by charliecg on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, 2:33 PM GMT (#1890)
Comment on Site Section: NARA Evidence Photos: Magic Bullet
Where in the Warren Hearings is there a source for FBI's removal of lead?

Photos Attributed to Cecil Stoughton of Arrival of Air Force 1 (SAM 26000) at Andrews AFB on November 22, 1963
by KenSpencer on Sun, Aug 8, 2010, 5:04 PM GMT (#1881)
Comment on Site Section: JFK Library Photos: Arrival at Andrews AFB, p1
My understanding is that Cecil Stoughton was left at Love Field and did not depart on SAM 26000 to Andrews. Is the attribution of ST524-1 thru 18-63 with Cecil Stoughton as the photographer correct? Associated with this is the question of "how and when did Cecil Stoughton come back to Washington, DC"?

More »